Americans Still Want Space for Their Vehicles…
You’re probably aware of the fact that ride-sharing services have become incredibly popular over the past several years. Uber is the biggest ride-sharing company in the world. Lyft is #2 (only serving the U.S. and Canada), but it’s actually growing faster. But despite this rise in demand for ride-sharing, Americans are showing no signs of giving up their personal vehicles anytime soon. The average number of cars owned per American household still holds at about 2, and statistics show that 92% of Americans shopping for a new home still want an either 2-car or 3-car garage!
… And More Space for Storage, Too
Some business pundits speculated that the rise of ride-sharing services and autonomous cars would disrupt the demand for garages in America, but that hasn’t proven to be the case at all. If anything, the data indicates that garages are more popular than ever. The number of homeowners with 3-car or larger garages has actually risen steadily over the past 20 years.
So, since the average number of cars owned per household has plateaued at 2, why is there still increasing demand for larger garages? Simply put, we need the space! Not only do we need a place to park our vehicles; we also need more space to keep all the stuff we seem to accumulate over time.
But what if your house doesn’t have an attached garage? What if you have vehicles and extra stuff to store, but nowhere to store it? No worries! Metal Barn Central can provide you with a custom-designed, precision-engineered, 3 car garage of your own!
What is a Three Car Garage?
Three-car garages (also known as triple garages or triple-wide garages) are enclosed metal shelters which are designed to house three vehicles comfortably. Dimensions of 3-car metal garage can vary – there is no single “standard” size – but sizing of these buildings typically runs about 30 feet wide and about 24 feet long. And if you choose Metal Barn Central, your steel garage is completely customizable. Need your building to be wider, longer, or taller? Not a problem. Want customization options for roof style, colors, doors, windows, wind and snow certification, and more? Every three-car garage we provide is custom built to-order!
Why Choose a Three Car Steel Garage?
Steel structures make better detached garages than wooden structures or those made from other materials. Here are just a few reasons why a 3-car steel garage is a sound investment:
- All the Space You Need – How much space would it take to solve all of your parking and storage problems? Thanks to the flexibility of design that a steel structure offers, we can provide you with whatever building dimensions and whatever square footage of clear-span interior space you may need. Plus, your building won’t need any internal support columns or posts to have to work around.
- Long-Lasting Durability – Steel buildings don’t rot like wood, and they can handle pretty much anything Mother Nature has to throw at them. The solid-steel framing and galvanized paneling are built to last, and will provide you with year after year of reliable protection and performance.
- Cost Effective – Steel 3-car garages can be built less expensively than you may think; their cost per square foot is comparable to other building materials. And thanks to steel’s superior strength, durability, and fire resistance, your insurance costs may actually be cheaper on a steel building. Plus, your choice of building foundation is completely up to you – no need to pour a concrete or asphalt slab if you don’t want one, so that’s another way you can save by choosing a steel building.
- Increases Your Property Value – Not only is a steel garage cost-effective; it’s also a great way to raise your property value. If you ever decide to sell your home, a metal garage will help to boost its resale price. Alternatively, you can also choose to take your metal garage with you when you relocate – steel structures are much easier to disassemble and reassemble than any stick-built garage.
- Easier to Maintain – If you choose a wooden garage, you’ll have to spend time and money on repainting or restaining every few years. With a steel garage, you won’t have to worry about your colors fading or needing to repaint – the colors are infused into the metal paneling during fabrication. Steel is also much easier to clean than wood; you can generally just hose it off, and you’re good to go!
3 Car Metal Garages Offer Many Application Possibilities
If you’ve read this far, it’s fair to say you’re looking for a garage that can house your personal vehicles. It’s also fair to assume that you may have some other needs for your building that go beyond just parking your cars or trucks. Perhaps you have a motorhome or camper that you need to protect. We can help you to design a 3-car garage that’s both long enough and tall enough to accommodate any sort of RV. Need a place to keep your boat and trailer? Not a problem. Want to set aside some space for a workshop or a place to pursue your hobbies? You can do that, too. Just need some extra space to keep all the items that no longer fit in your house? You can store all your stuff safely and securely inside one of our three-car metal garages.
Looking for a multipurpose building that can accommodate farm, agricultural, or commercial pursuits? As our name implies, at Metal Barn Central we specialize in providing custom steel structures to suit all types of non-residential needs, including tractor sheds, horse barns, hay barns, poultry houses, animal kennels, and more. Need some home office space? Or would you like to use part of your 3-car garage as a man cave or she shed? We got you, fam.
Honestly, when it comes to application options for your steel garage from Metal Barn Central, the only limit is your imagination. Some customers choose to use two bays for sheltering vehicles, for example, and will leave one bay reserved for workshop, hobby room, or general storage purposes.
What Are You Waiting For? Let’s Get Started!
Ready to get your perfect, custom-designed 3-car garage? Our friendly and knowledgeable metal building specialists are here to help! We’re happy to walk you through the whole process, from design to ordering to production to installation. We partner with top manufacturers across the country, and we serve nearly the entire continental United States. Oh, and did we mention? We INCLUDE delivery and installation of your custom garage at NO additional charge! Check us out at Metal Barn Central, or give us a call at (980) 321-9898, and let’s get started on designing the three-car garage of your dreams today!