In this day and age, pretty much every American homeowner needs a garage. We’ve just got lots of stuff that needs some reliable storage! But the problems of modern life don’t end there. Sometimes, with your busy schedule, you just don’t have time to wait for the installers to come and put up your new garage. Or perhaps you’d just prefer to get the job done yourself! Either way, there is a solution. At Metal Barn Central, we offer top-notch, custom-fabricated metal building kits that you can pick up and install on your own time. They’re the same high-quality structures that we would normally install for you, but one key feature of these kits is that they can be installed on your time.
What’s Different About a Kit?
The only difference between a traditionally-installed metal garage and a metal garage kit provided by Metal Barn Central is who does the installing. You are getting the same great quality materials when you choose to buy a steel garage kit. In your custom kit, you should expect to find the following:
- Steel framing members and supports
- Roofing panels
- Your desired wall paneling
- All needed fastening hardware
- All needed building anchors
- Any extra customization features you selected (such as gables and trim)
The Benefits of Prefab Garage Kits
Whether we’re talking about the potentially strong storms of spring, the torrential rains of summer, the hurricane season of fall, or the bitter winds and snows of winter, it’s important that your stuff stays secure and dry. Metal garage kits are one of the best ways to ensure you get the building protection you need. Made with premium-grade steel, these well-engineered and reinforced structures can withstand practically anything Mother Nature has to throw your way.
- Energy Efficiency: If you spend a lot of time in your garage, you’re going to want it to be able to keep it warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. No one wants to freeze, and no one wants to be covered in sweat either. Installing a heater and/or air conditioner can certainly help, but with a traditional wooden structure, your energy bills are still likely to be high. By choosing a well-insulated metal building, you can help to avoid that issue. Steel buildings are a perfect barrier from the outside elements, and by choosing the right insulation you can also help to better regulate the differences between outside temperatures and preferred inside temperature.
- Extremely Durable & Long-Lasting: Thanks to the high-quality materials we use in engineering and fabricating our buildings, our prefab metal garages are made to last. Wooden structures eventually rot and are more likely to be damaged by the elements over time. You won’t have those same worries with a premium steel garage. It’s really built to serve you for a lifetime!
Mold, Mildew, Pest, & Fire Resistance:
Wooden structures are a good choice … if you don’t want your building to last. It probably won’t take long for water to start seeping in. But unfortunately, your problems won’t end there. Since wood tends to absorb water, it also makes a perfect breeding ground for mold and mildew. This not only contributes to building decay, but it’s also potentially very bad for your health. Of course, water, mold, and mildew aren’t the only threats. Wooden structures essentially act as kindling if a fire ever starts. With a fire threat like that, your stuff is as good as gone! In addition, wood structures also make great homes for all kinds of creepy critters. Sound bad? Don’t worry, there’s a way to avoid all of these problems! Steel garages are designed not to absorb moisture, they’re mold- and mildew-resistant, they’re fire-resistant, and they help to keep pests out. The best way to ensure your belongings are truly safe is to store them inside a premium metal structure.
- Low Maintenance: The benefits of steel are never-ending. Metal garages don’t have peeling paint, and the colors are much more fade-resistant. As long as you keep your building clean (hosing it out is all that’s normally required), a metal garage will be virtually maintenance-free for a lifetime!
- Cost-Effective: Here at Metal Barn Central, we’re proud to offer some of the most competitive prices in the industry. But our metal garages are cost-effective for more reasons than just the initial purchase price. Our steel structures are designed to last a lifetime. There’s really nothing to replace, and no weather damage that needs repairing. So, not only will you save money on your purchase price, you’ll keep on saving money thanks to reduced maintenance and repair costs, too.
- Eco-Friendly: Concerned about helping to preserve the environment? Looking for a truly eco-friendly option? If so, then steel is hard to beat as a building material. Steel is the most recycled material in the United States, and all of our building materials include a percentage of recycled steel. The great thing about steel is that it doesn’t lose any of its strength when it goes through the recycling process. Thus, your building is fabricated with a percentage of recycled steel, plus it’s essentially 100% recyclable itself. In terms of environmental friendliness, steel is really where it’s at!
If You Need a Metal Garage Kit, You Need to Get It from Metal Barn Central
Metal garage kits are the way to go if you’re too busy to wait for the installers to arrive, or if you just love to take on DIY projects for yourself. And Metal Barn Central is the way to go if you’re looking for a top-notch metal structure provider who only partners with the best American manufacturing partners. Our friendly & knowledgeable metal building specialists are on call to answer any questions you may have or to help you go ahead and get your building order started. What are you waiting for? Go ahead and reach out to us online, or just give us a call today at (980) 321-9898!